I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Fresh Berry Tart.


Fresh Berry Tart.

Spicy, warming and sweet ginger tart case filled with my dream team cream of mascarpone, double cream and vanilla bean paste. The rich cream tart is piled high with fresh, sharp berries. A delicious no bake, summery dessert. Thank you very much Mrs. Tout for the redcurrants, the raspberries are from our garden.

Equipment:
25cm loose bottomed tart tin.

   For the tart case.
In a food processor, put in,
-300g ginger biscuits.
Process the biscuits until fine breadcrumbs form. 
Tip into a large bowl, add
-120g melted butter.
Stir well to combine. 
Press the mixture into the base and sides of the tin. 
Refrigerate until needed.

   For the cream filling.
Use an electric mixer, to beat,
-100g icing sugar,
-2tsp vanilla bean paste,
-600ml double cream,
-250g mascarpone cheese.
Beat until the cream just holds its shape.
Refrigerate until needed.
Spoon into the tart tin.
Pile on 500g redcurrants, 150g raspberries, 150g grapes.
(But adjust the quantity of these fruits to suit your own palate)

No comments:

Post a Comment