I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Carrot Soup.


Carrot Soup.

A quick, filling, spicy and definitely healthy soup for lunch today. The fresh coriander added beautiful floral  freshness.

Serves 2.

In a large saucepan, with a tablespoon of olive oil, fry
-2 sliced onions,
-2 cloves chopped garlic.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened, add
-500g thinly sliced carrots.
Cook, stirring occasionally for a minute or so, add
-500ml ham stock.
Leave to simmer gently for around 10-15 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
Use a hand blender to blitz the vegetables.

Spoon into a serving bowl.
Top with fresh coriander.

No comments:

Post a Comment