I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Friday 25 November 2016

Pistachio Shortbread Biscuits.


Pistachio Shortbread Biscuits.


These buttery biscuits were such a hit with the little ones. I had dished up a huge plateful and they had almost disappeared when the teas and hot chocolates were made. The few that were left, were used to dunk the hot chocolate with. The adults loved them too, so it's great that these biscuits are quick and easy to make.


Equipment:

10cm cookie cutter.


Use an electric mixer, beat

-250g butter, at room temperature, with

-150g caster sugar,

-300g plain flour,

-1tsp vanilla bean paste,

-a good pinch of salt.

Beat well to combine, add

-50g chopped pistachios.

Mix well with a spoon.

Tip onto a lightly floured surface.

Roll out into 1cm in thickness.

Use the cookie cutter to stamp out 26 rounds.


Bake in 160c fan forced for 10 minutes.

Leave to cool completely on the baking tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment