I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Thursday 3 November 2016

Cheese and Ham On Toast.


Cheese and Ham On Toast.


It's cold outside and if the thought of a cold cheese and ham sandwich is not appealing, try these deliciously hot and quick toasties. Gloriously yummy with a strong cup of coffee.


Ingredients.

-4 slices of bread, lightly toasted.

-120 sliced ham pieces.

-1 chopped onion.

-200g grated cheddar cheese.

Bake in 220c fan forced for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment