I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Thursday 1 December 2016

Black Pepper Prime Rib of Beef.


Black Pepper Prime Rib of Beef.


The king of beef cuts with a price to match! Deliciously moist and juicy, a meal to savour! This amount of beef fed four of us, bulked with a large helping of roast potatoes, although that's hardly a bad thing. The beef is allowed to shine in this recipe with the seasoning left to just sea salt and black pepper. I made myself some mustard pan gravy to accentuate the fantastic taste of this rare beef roast, along with bottled horseradish sauce. Simply and gloriously delicious!


Season 750g beef rib generously with salt and pepper.


In a large frying pan, on high heat, put in

-1tbsp oil,

-2tbsp butter.

Cook the beef for 3 minutes on each side.


Place the beef in 200c fan forced oven for 15 minutes (adjust the time to your liking).


Leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment